Mexico is an amazing country with sandy beaches, ancient sites and great opportunities for active sports. Holidays in Mexico can become truly unforgettable and varied – it’s not for nothing that US residents love to relax here so much.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Warm sea and gorgeous beaches
- Vacation exotic
- interesting nature
- Rich culture, ancient sights
- Recreation is very diverse.
- Fairly good service, including in hotels
- Friendly attitude of the locals
- Very long flight
- Need to apply for a visa
- Tickets are quite expensive.
- Beaches and cities are quite dirty
- Lack of nightlife, especially at beach resorts
- Salespeople are pretty pushy.
- Very hot
- The food is quite spicy
- Mexicans are very hot-tempered.
- High crime rate, but tourists rarely meet criminals
According to toppharmacyschools.org, the climate in the country is different – in the north it is subtropical, and in the center and in the south it is tropical. The coast is always hot and humid. May to October is the rainy season with frequent tropical cyclones. The least rainfall is in the north, and the most in the south. The dry and wet seasons are almost the same in terms of temperature.
In general, tourists really like holidays in Mexico – reviews show that the pluses easily cover all the minuses. A very high level of service in hotels, cafes and other establishments. Locals often speak English quite well, so there are no problems with communication. Almost everyone is delighted with the cuisine and tequila, Mexican exoticism and interesting entertainment. In addition to beaches, almost everyone likes amazing architecture – both buildings from the time of colonization and ancient monuments of Indian culture.
Everyone dislikes just a too long flight and rather high prices for everything within the country, but this seems insignificant against the backdrop of a truly unusual and exotic vacation.
Question: How to choose a hotel?
Hotels here are not worse than in Europe. In the Riviera Maya and Cancun, these are mostly luxury 4-5 * hotels, in other places there are cheaper and simpler hotels. There are BB, HB programs, even “all inclusive” is found. The level of service is quite high, better than in Central and Latin America in general, however, the prices are high. Almost all hotels have beaches with free sun loungers and towels.
Question: How safe is Mexico?
Mexico is considered a country with a high crime rate, but tourists are absolutely not in danger at large popular resorts. You can encounter something unpleasant only in large cities, or in small border villages. If you don’t want to get in trouble, don’t visit Matamoros, Monterrey, Nuevo Laredo, Nogales, Tiuhana or Ciudad Juarez. Thefts are very common, so never carry a lot of money with you, keep an eye on things. It is better not to leave anything unattended on the beach if it is not a private area of the hotel. Robbery in a taxi is not uncommon, so it is better to contact only trusted companies by calling a car by phone. Also remember that the police are not always able to help, and often their employees try to cash in on tourists. To relax without risk to health, drink only bottled water and eat any food carefully – they are very spicy. There is a small risk of catching typhus or malaria, so it’s best to get vaccinated.
What to do in case of emergency?
In the event of an emergency, call the single number 06 – it calls for an ambulance, police and firefighters. You can call the tourist hotline 250-0123 – they will give you advice and help as much as possible. Also be sure to write down the number of the Russian embassy (8-10-5255) 5273-1305, 5516-0870.
When is the best time to go to Mexico?
There are several seasons:
- From November to April, the high season, without rain and strong winds. True, the prices at this time are very high. Celebrating the New Year in Mexico
- April to November, low season. It often rains and strong winds, but prices drop significantly, which allows you to save a lot
- Beach season. You can swim almost all year round. The best time to do this is in February. But in summer and at the end of spring it is very hot and the water warms up so that it does not cool down.
- Diving season from December to March, with clear calm clear water
- Season for excursions – in winter and spring
- Carnival season – most of the holidays take place in February, but the prices for flights this month skyrocket. In July, an interesting folklore festival takes place in Oaxaca de Juarez. In general, festivals are mainly held in winter or spring – at this time you are guaranteed to catch at least one
How are things with cellular communications?
Cellular coverage is pretty good. Roaming of Russian operators is very expensive – incoming and outgoing calls cost more than 100 rubles per minute. It is best to buy a tourist sim card, as locals rarely sell without a Mexican passport. Mobile Internet is very expensive, so it is better to use free Wi-Fi instead – it is available almost everywhere, even in parks and cafes. And in remote areas of the country, Internet cafes with affordable prices are often open.